It’s important that we all do our part to decrease the spread of colds, flu and other germs. We do not currently have a flu pandemic in Vancouver, but we encourage everybody to follow the steps below to keep safe and well!
Most importantly, please wash your hands with soap and water!
- Wash your hands after taking the bus and Skytrain (or any other public transportation).
- Wash your hands after using the washroom.
- Wash your hands after coughing or blowing your nose!
- Wash your hands before and after eating.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands. Use a tissue or the sleeve of your shirt if necessary.
- Avoid hands on public door handles and elevator buttons.
- Avoid the spread of illness! If you have a fever of over 38 degrees and/or are openly coughing and/or sneezing, please remain at home, get some rest, and drink plenty of fluids.
- See the doctor if you have a continually high fever or are wheezing or having difficulty breathing in your lungs.
- Inform your instructors by email or call Columbia College if you are absent due to illness.
- See a doctor and ask for a doctor’s note if you are missing classes.
- Check with your doctor or the Health Unit in your area for further information about influenza vaccinations.
Follow this link if you would like further information about both colds and the flu.
The link is a helpful VCH document for both cold and flu information.