Attention: All students planning to complete an Associate Degree
Make sure you have done a Degree Audit ie a checklist of the requirements. A paper copy of the checklist can be found kin Student Services (Room 211)
Common mistakes to avoid:
- Registering in too many courses for a category eg too many Arts courses. These courses become redundant and you waste time and money doing them.
- Not registering in Pre-requisite courses first. Most Second year courses have pre-requisites that must be completed first.
- Postponing English too long. You may find that you have to stay 1 extra semester to complete the 6 credits that are required.
- Postponing Math Science requirements too long for AD Arts eg a Lab course which meets 3 days a week.
- Not understanding precluded credits eg Math 100 and Math 110 count only as 1 course – 3 credits; Math 111 and Math 113 also count as 1 course.
- Not having a cum GPA of 2.0 – You may have to repeat a course to improve cum GPA. A cum GPA of 1.98 will not get you an Associate Degree.
See a counselor for a degree audit. It may save you problems later.