To find out when your registration time is, click here: Fall 2017 Registration Table
On your registration day:
- Log onto your student portal (columbiacollege.bc.ca), making sure you select the “2017 Fall” term.
- Make sure that your internet browser’s pop-up blocker is turned off. (If an option comes up asking if you want to allow pop-ups, select “Always Allow” or the most similar option.)
- Under “Administrative Services”click “Registration”.
- If you are doing your registration at the correct appointed date and time, you should see a list of available courses.
- To find a specific course, use the search function by clicking “Show Filter”.
- Type in the abbreviated course name into “Dept”, the course number into “Course #”, and the section number into “Section”, then click “Apply Filter”.
- For example, if you are looking for Mass Communication 205 Section 12, type CMNS, 205, and 12 respectively. Leave “Type” blank.
- The abbreviated names of courses are the four letters used on the timetable.
- Check the “Select”box to put the class on your registration list.
- In order to register in a course, you must have satisfied both the prerequisite and co-requisite (see the College Calendar for more information).
- To finalize your registration, click on the green “Process Registration” You will not be able to process your registration unless you have selected 9 or more credits.
- Once you click the “Process Registration”button, you will be officially registered. You will be led to a Registration Checkout page that will show your class schedule.
- Students can add or drop a course online on the Student Portal by clicking on the Registration button. If a course is full, you will not be able to select it. If there is space, you will be able to add the course.
- You will not be able to finalize your registration on the Portal unless you have more than nine credits selected.
- If you add a course, you must pay any balance that you owe or you will be dropped from this course.
Lab Courses: If you are intending to take a lab science course, you have to register yourself for the lab section as well, according to your availability.
Part-time Students: If you are intending to study part-time in Fall 2017 (less than 9 credits), you are required to register with a counsellor by e-mailing your class selection to email@example.com.
Double Probation: If you are on double probation (your GPA was below 1.7 for two consecutive semesters), you will be blocked from registration. To be given permission to register, you must submit an appeal. See www.CCTalks.com for more information.