It is mandatory for all students to have Medical Insurance with coverage of at least $1 million to be able to register for the next semester. If you don’t have MSP or your own private insurance, you can buy from Guard.Me, a new company that we are working with, following the instructions below.
You can buy Medical Insurance with Guard.Me online. Insurance is no longer available from the College. This insurance costs $190 for four months. If you would like to purchase insurance for the days prior to May 1st, this will cost you $1.65 per day but means that your journey and time before the semester will be covered.
- Visit Guard.Me.com/ColumbiaCollege.
- Click on Academic Students or ESL Students.
- Scroll down and click Buy Insurance.
- Complete the information and select May 1st to August 31st for your coverage dates.
- Fill out your personal information, check the coverage dates and click Next.
- Check that your information is correct and select your payment method. You can only pay by Credit or Debit card (only debit cards with a 3-digit CVC number on the back will work), or with Paypal online. If you want to pay by Debit Card, select the option for Credit Card.
- Once you have paid, you will be e-mailed a copy of your policy. Print a copy or save it on your phone or tablet so that you can show us when it is your time to register.
NOTE: If you are only buying medical insurance for a month (because your MSP expires in the middle of the semester, select ESL Students when you first enter the guard.me page and select the appropriate date.