CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS! – Deadline: April 17, 2018
What is aesth?
aesth is short for aesthetic, which means beautiful. As a multilingual student journal newly formed at Columbia College, we are interested in stories and art about identity and contemporary issues through your point of view.
Stories about identities may include:
- Living in Canada as an international student;
- Living in and between cultures;
- Experiences of migration and moving to new places;
- Languages and different ways of living;
- Stories of diaspora;
- Your grandmother’s recipe; or
- Ideas of home
These are just suggested topics. Feel free to explore other ideas around identity and contemporary issues.
Who can submit work and what kinds of work can I submit?
We accept works from all current Columbia College students in all forms:
- Written works
- Short Stories
- Academic essays
- Visual arts
How can I submit work?
Works must be submitted in digital forms:
- Written works must be in .doc or .docx format
- Visual arts must be in .jpeg or .png format.
Feel free to send your work in any language with a short summary or brief translation in English.
- If you are submitting a written work, please limit your work to under five letter-sized pages (excluding bibliography/works cited, if applicable), double spaced (poetry is an exception), pages numbered, and in Times New Roman 12 pt.
- Please do not put your name on your work as the Columbia College student editorial committee will be reviewing and selecting submissions.
- All submissions must follow Columbia College’s policies regarding academic integrity and plagiarism.
Where do I submit?
You may submit your work through your instructors or directly by email at email@example.com.
Commentary on work published along with a reference letter from a teacher or an honorary will be given to students.
What is the deadline to submit?
The deadline to submit is April 17, 2018.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.