We update this page with volunteering and employment opportunities for students whenever we hear about them. If you have any questions, or if there is something specific that you would like to do, please just speak to Rose in Student Services.
Brewhall is hiring!
Earlier this year, Tap & Barrel Restaurants announced details of its newest beer-focused establishment “Brewhall”, a brewery and restaurant located at 97 East 2nd Avenue. Tap Daniel Frankel, the founder of Tap & Barrel, describes the place as “a collaborative craft brewery and food hall that brings the community together in one space and encourages our inner child to play and explore”.
If you are interested in employment opportunities at Brewhall, please email your resume to Front of House – email@example.com, and/or Back of House – firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Volunteer Opportunities with Tennis BC:
87th Annual Leith Wheeler Stanley Park Open
Tennis BC is hosting a tennis tournament at Stanley Park this July, and are looking for volunteers for the event. It is a large scale tournament on July 5th to 23rd, with several hundred participants; there are multiple positions available for volunteers!
For participating, volunteers will receive:
- Tournament t-shirt
- Meal voucher per shift (each shift is 4.5-5 hours)
- Invitation to the volunteer BBQ on July 14th
- Volunteer certificate as well as references for future use
The available positions with available dates are below:
- Set up Crew: Date(s): July 5th
- Tear down Crew: Date(s): July 22nd, 23rd
- Court Monitor: Date(s): July 6th~22nd
- Photography / Social Media: Date(s): July 5th, 6th, 8th, 13th,14th, 20th~22nd
- VIP & Media / Special Events: Date(s): July 5th, 8th, 14th, 15th
- Check in Desk: Date(s): July 6th~22nd
- Check in Desk (Junior ITF): Date(s): July 6th~14th (Experience with high volume in similar role preferred)
- Driver: Date(s): July 6th~14th.
- Event Ambassador / Host: Date(s): July 6th~9th, 13th~16th
- Event Support: Date(s): July 6th~22nd
- Prizing Support: Date(s): July 6th, 13th, 14th, 20th~22nd
For more details on each position, please visit http://tennisbc.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?id=28912.
Call for Literacy Mentor Volunteers: Share your love of reading and writing with kids who need your help, and volunteer for the Writers’ Exchange! The Writers’ Exchange runs free literacy programs for at-risk kids in East Vancouver.
Date & Time: We are currently looking for volunteers who can commit to an after-school program once a week for a full term, Mondays to Thursdays from 3:00 until 4:30PM. We also have short-term in-school projects, which require a commitment of one and a half hours for four or five weeks during a specific school day (Monday to Friday, between 9:00 and 3:00).
As a volunteer mentor, you will help with reading, creative writing projects, literacy games, art projects and cool crafts, or support a small group of kids during in-school book-making programs. Help us make literacy fun and accessible for kids!
This is also a great opportunity to meet like-minded people interested in reading, creative writing, and working with kids.
How to apply: If you love working with kids, reading and writing, and are looking for a way to make a difference in someone’s future, join the volunteer team at www.vancouverwe.com/volunteer, or contact Alysha at email@example.com. Orientations happen every month, so you can join anytime!