We update this page with volunteering and employment opportunities for students whenever we hear about them. If you have any questions, or if there is something specific that you would like to do, please just speak to Rose in Student Services.
Campus Ambassadors Volunteer Opportunities
guard.me International Insurance is looking for a Campus Ambassador Street Team Member! This is a part-time volunteer basis student position from September 2017 to April 2018. Please check out this pdf for more information: Volunteer Opportunity
Job Opportunities at Hastings Racecourse
As such, Hastings is recruiting for a variety of positions in all different departments. These positions vary in part-time, full-time, seasonal, and year-round status.
- Bus Person
- Facility Attendant
- Building Maintenance
- Track Maintenance
- Carpenter General Maintenance
- Casino Security Officer
- Surveillance Operator
- Ambulance Driver
Check out the job descriptions at www.hastingsracecourse.com/careers.
Volunteer Opportunities with Vancouver Pride Society
The Vancouver Pride Society is looking for volunteers to fill a number of positions throughout the Pride season. Below are examples of volunteer positions:
- Staging Area Marshal: Help entries park their floats before the parade!
- Parade Route Marshal: Help floats along the Parade Route!
- Flag Bearers/Pace Makers: Carry the Rainbow Flag proudly and help set the pace for Parade entries!
- Greening Crew: Keep our Parade Green, help people get recycling to our recycling stations!
- Dispersal Area Marshal: Help floats get their parade decorations tied down and ready to get back on the road!
- Accessibility Services: Help seniors and people with differing abilities and needs enjoy the parade!
- MC Assistant: Keep our 3 Parade MCs going on while they describe Parade entries for three hours (they’ll sure need water)!
- Traffic Control: Keep people off the streets and on the sidewalks!
More details can be found on the Vancouver Pride Society website. For more information on leadership roles, please contact Alicea at our office 604-687-0955 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Literacy Mentor Volunteers: Share your love of reading and writing with kids who need your help, and volunteer for the Writers’ Exchange! The Writers’ Exchange runs free literacy programs for at-risk kids in East Vancouver.
Date & Time: We are currently looking for volunteers who can commit to an after-school program once a week for a full term, Mondays to Thursdays from 3:00 until 4:30PM. We also have short-term in-school projects, which require a commitment of one and a half hours for four or five weeks during a specific school day (Monday to Friday, between 9:00 and 3:00).
As a volunteer mentor, you will help with reading, creative writing projects, literacy games, art projects and cool crafts, or support a small group of kids during in-school book-making programs. Help us make literacy fun and accessible for kids!
This is also a great opportunity to meet like-minded people interested in reading, creative writing, and working with kids.
How to apply: If you love working with kids, reading and writing, and are looking for a way to make a difference in someone’s future, join the volunteer team at www.vancouverwe.com/volunteer, or contact Alysha at email@example.com. Orientations happen every month, so you can join anytime!