We update this page with volunteering and employment opportunities for students whenever we hear about them. If you have any questions, or if there is something specific that you would like to do, please just speak to Rose in Student Services.
Job Opportunities at Canucks Sports & Entertainment
WE’RE HIRING HOURLY AND PART-TIME WORKERS!
If you are a customer focused, enthusiastic individual passionate about delivering outstanding service and creating unforgettable guest experiences, we encourage you to apply for a spot on our team.
Open Job Fair Dates
- Wednesday, January 10th @ 2:00pm – 5:00pm at Gate #2
- Thursday, January 18th @ 2:00pm – 5:00pm at Gate #2
- More dates to come in February!
We are now hiring for the following key front-line service positions with our ideal candidates being those who demonstrate passion for service and for providing an unforgettable fan experience.
- Quick Service Attendants
- In-Seat Runners
- Hawkers (Alcohol)
- Hawkers (Food)
- Quick Service Supervisors
- Premium Supervisors
- Server Assistants
- Post Event Housekeepers
- Quick Service Cooks
TO FIT IN WITH OUR TEAM YOU MUST:
- Be passionately committed to a high level of quality service
- Have an incredible ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-volume environment while maintaining a first-in-class hospitality and food and beverage experience
- Maintain a calm, friendly and professional demeanour
- Be a solutions provider, committed to continuous improvement ideas and initiatives
- Work collaboratively as a key member of a larger team across the organization, and continuously interact in a positive and professional manner
- Have exceptional and engaging interpersonal skills
- Display a neat, tidy and professional presentation to meet a high level of appearance and service standards
Please apply ONLINE at www.canucks.com/jobs to receive your invite to our job fairs!
Call for Literacy Mentor Volunteers: Share your love of reading and writing with kids who need your help, and volunteer for the Writers’ Exchange! The Writers’ Exchange runs free literacy programs for at-risk kids in East Vancouver.
Date & Time: We are currently looking for volunteers who can commit to an after-school program once a week for a full term, Mondays to Thursdays from 3:00 until 4:30PM. We also have short-term in-school projects, which require a commitment of one and a half hours for four or five weeks during a specific school day (Monday to Friday, between 9:00 and 3:00).
As a volunteer mentor, you will help with reading, creative writing projects, literacy games, art projects and cool crafts, or support a small group of kids during in-school book-making programs. Help us make literacy fun and accessible for kids!
This is also a great opportunity to meet like-minded people interested in reading, creative writing, and working with kids.
How to apply: If you love working with kids, reading and writing, and are looking for a way to make a difference in someone’s future, join the volunteer team at www.vancouverwe.com/volunteer, or contact Alysha at firstname.lastname@example.org. Orientations happen every month, so you can join anytime!